Cooler Master has launched a new Kickstarter where they are trying to get funding for a new kind of mechanical RGB keyboard called ControlPad. The ControlPad is a mechanical keyboard, but it’s not just a normal mechanical keyboard. Its keys can actually determine how much force is used to press the button, which is completely different from the normal keyboards that are either ON or OFF.
How does it work?
As we explained shortly before the ControlPads idea is pretty simple. It works just like any other mechanical keyboard with Cherry, Gateron or some other mechanical switches, but its buttons are analog instead of digital. Most simply put the harder you push the faster your character runs in a game or the more gas you will give for a car in a driving game.
What’s the difference between digital and analog?
Think it this way, digital is either ON or OFF meaning one or a zero, but analog can have different states of ON and OFF. This means that the switch is actually closer to a light dimmer in a way.back to menu ↑
Quality of life improvements
On top of the 24 programmable mechanical switches, the keyboard also has two precision wheels that can be changed to control all kind of features. One might change the volume while the other might change the screen brightness. In photoshop or some other program, one might change the color while the other might change the opacity of an image for example. The possibilities are almost limitless.back to menu ↑
Dedicated keycap sets
Cooler Master has planned to offer dedicated keypads for different users on the ControlPad. Some of they keycaps are clearly focused on gamers, while the others are for example Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro users.
But that’s not all. Cooler Master has also planned on offering these ControlPads for medical professionals to help them with their work.back to menu ↑
Games supported by the ControlPad
At the moment the ControlPad is already supported by over 250 games fully or partially. We won’t be listing all the games here, but you can check out all supported games here.
If you got interested in the Cooler Masters Kickstarter you can check it out and find more information about the ControlPad here.
Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro L RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Brown, RGB LED, Full Size (Large)
$150.73 in stock
1 used from $ 79.00
- Brilliant RGB lighting with 16.7 million colors - no dull, muted colors here. A patented design makes each per key LED pop-out and shine.
- Multiple lighting modes - customize each color with or without software. Preset modes include color wave, Breathing, and unique responsive effects.
- 100% authentic CHERRY MX brown switches - gamers demand the best, which is why the Master keys Pro L only uses 100% authentic CHERRY MX switches.
- On-the-fly macros and profile support - program multiple keystrokes to a single key or change Per-Key backlighting with intuitive keyboard commands.
- 100% anti-ghosting - new tech rolls 6-key and N-key into one. No matter how fast and furious it gets, on iOS or Windows, your keyboard can handle it.